Friday 22 January 2010

Musik in Deutschland

Hello Stephanie and Year 12,

Sorry for the delay in my
response! My flight was cancelled on the way back and I had to stay
overnight in Berlin Schoenefeld airport, but I made it in the
end!

As for German music, the most striking thing is that you hear
so little of it on German radio!! Most of the songs you hear played are in
English, either by English bands or German bands singing in English. The
smaller German bands I have seen performing in Dresden also tend to sing in
English. The children recently did posters on their favourite artists and
singers like Michael Jackson were featured - again not so German!

However, Polarkreis 18 are a popular band here, and they actually come
from Dresden, and another successful local band is Silbermond (from a smaller
town in Saxony). Germany also has quite a thriving hip hop scene, with
artists such as Samy Deluxe - I can't say I'm much of a rap expert though!
I know there are different types of hip hop centred on Berlin and Hamburg.

I hope 2010 has got off to a good start for you all,

Best
wishes,

Charlotte

No comments: